Membership Terms and Conditions
By joining Healthy by Sovereign you agree to the terms and conditions set out in this document.
Sovereign reserves the right to cancel or amend the Healthy by Sovereign Programme (in whole or in part) at any time and does not guarantee that the programme will continue indefinitely or that it will be managed and owned by Sovereign. Changes may include, but are not limited to, the programme partners, privacy, benefits, eligibility, points, status levels and rewards. We will let you know of any changes by putting information on the Healthy by Sovereign website or emailing it to you. When the changes are significant we will endeavour to provide you with at least 30 days’ notice of the changes.
To join Healthy by Sovereign, you need to complete the online registration form including all mandatory details.
Once you have joined, you will have access to the member section of the Healthy by Sovereign website, and you will be able to download the Healthy by Sovereign app. You agree to:
- maintain the confidentiality of your log-in and password information and not allow any unauthorised person to use your log-in and password; and
- notify Sovereign immediately if you become aware that any person may have unauthorised access to or use of your log-in or password information.
Membership is available to individuals. There is no family, company, trust or joint membership. Membership cannot be shared and is not transferable.
There are three categories of membership:
- Customer Membership
- Adviser (including ASB Insurance Managers) Membership
- Sovereign Employee Membership.
If you are eligible for more than one type of membership, you will automatically be added to only one membership category, in the following order of priority (1) Customer (2) Adviser (3) Sovereign Employee.
- To be a Customer Member of Healthy by Sovereign you must be:
- at least 16 years of age; and
- able to provide Sovereign with a unique email address; and
- be a life assured under an eligible Sovereign retail health insurance policy or eligible group scheme.
- The anniversary for your Customer Membership year is 6 weeks before your Sovereign health insurance policy renews. If you have two health insurance policies, we will let you know which one your Healthy by Sovereign Customer Membership aligns with.
- To be an Adviser Member of Healthy by Sovereign you must have a current Agency Agreement with Sovereign and be accredited to sell eligible Sovereign health products.
- Adviser Membership will cease if the Adviser:
- no longer has a current Agency Agreement with Sovereign; or
- does not hold the approved product accreditation for eligible products.
- The anniversary for your Adviser Membership year is the date you registered for Healthy by Sovereign.
Sovereign Employee Membership
- To be a Sovereign Employee Member of Healthy by Sovereign you must be a permanent employee of Sovereign. This includes full-time and part-time employees and employees who are on parental leave. Employee Membership will expire if you cease to be employed by Sovereign.
- The anniversary for your Sovereign Employee Membership year is the date you registered for Healthy by Sovereign.
- To be an ASB Adviser Member of Healthy by Sovereign and you must be employed by ASB as an Insurance Manager (IM) or Regional Manager (RM) and are accredited to sell Sovereign insurance products.
Earning Healthy Points
Healthy by Sovereign members earn Healthy Points for activities such as exercising, purchasing nutritious food, gym workouts and having health checks. The Healthy by Sovereign website and app have the details of the activities that enable you to earn Healthy Points and how many Healthy Points you will earn for those activities.
You only earn Healthy Points for the healthy activities and habits you do personally, not for any activity completed by other people. You must connect your own personal activity tracker or gym membership with a Sovereign gym partner and upload receipts for activity you have personally completed.
The Healthy by Sovereign programme has a four level reward system; bronze, silver, gold and platinum. When you join Healthy by Sovereign you will be on bronze level. To move up to the next level you will need to accumulate sufficient Healthy Points. The Healthy by Sovereign website and app have the details of how many Healthy Points are needed for each level.
If your first membership year is shorter than 12 months, the Healthy Points necessary to move up the status levels will be adjusted pro-rata to the number of months remaining before your membership reaches your anniversary.
At your membership anniversary date your Healthy Points will be reset to zero and you will revert to bronze level. Healthy Points can not be carried over to a subsequent year.
As you progress up the levels, you earn additional rewards.
To claim Healthy Points visit the Healthy by Sovereign website or app and follow the necessary steps.
For some activities you will need to complete the information in the fields required and send us the supporting documentation requested.
For some activities you can register to have Healthy by Sovereign notified of your healthy activity. For example:
- If you attend one of the Healthy by Sovereign gym partners and you register with that partner and give the necessary permission for information sharing, the gym will notify us of your attendance and we will load the Healthy Points you earned for that healthy activity.
- If you have an eligible activity tracker, you can connect your device and give the necessary permission for information to be shared with Healthy by Sovereign. We can then load your Healthy Points as you complete eligible activities.
It may take up to five weeks for Healthy by Sovereign to receive your activity information from one of our Healthy by Sovereign partners. We work with our partners to make this happen as quickly as possible but Sovereign assumes no responsibility for the awarding of, or any delay in the awarding of, Healthy Points by the respective partners.
Any information received in relation to the Healthy by Sovereign programme or the claiming or earning of Healthy Points does not amount to disclosure to Sovereign for the purposes of the member’s existing or any future insurance policies with Sovereign.
You must claim your Healthy Points and upload your receipts before the end of your membership anniversary year to earn Healthy Points for that activity. Healthy Points can only be awarded in the membership year that they are earned. It is not possible to earn or claim Healthy points for any activity completed in a previous membership year after the anniversary date has passed for that membership year.
It is your responsibility to check that all Healthy Points are reflected accurately. You can monitor your Healthy Points by logging on to the Healthy by Sovereign website or app. Please contact us with any queries about Healthy points or how they are awarded.
There are limits on how many Healthy Points you can earn per week, month or year for various healthy activities. Additional terms and conditions may apply to earning Healthy Points via our Healthy by Sovereign partners. Please refer to the Healthy by Sovereign website or app for further details.
You can not lose Healthy points, except on your membership anniversary when your points and level are reset to zero.
Healthy Points are not transferrable and can not be redeemed for cash.
Members are eligible for rewards when they move up a status level, provided they have been a Healthy by Sovereign member for at least three months. These rewards may have special terms and conditions governing their use. We will let you know those terms and conditions at the time we provide the reward.
Vouchers and other rewards are non-transferable, not exchangeable for cash, cannot be replaced if expired, can only be redeemed once, and can only be used if you are a member of Healthy by Sovereign.
You may need to show your Healthy by Sovereign membership number (from the My Account section on the Healthy by Sovereign website or app and on your welcome email) to our Healthy by Sovereign partners to take advantage of rewards.
At your membership anniversary we will notify you of the Healthy Points that you have earned and the rewards you are eligible for. If you have not contacted us with any queries about your Healthy Points the Healthy Points statement will be taken to be correct and final at anniversary time.
Cash back rewards
Customer Members may be eligible for cash back rewards if they have achieved silver, gold or platinum level. Cash back rewards are calculated on the basis of the level that has been achieved as at their membership anniversary date.
To be eligible for a cash back reward you must be a current Customer Member and have been a Customer Member for at least three calendar months.
To receive a cash back reward you must supply the details of the bank account where the payment is to be deposited. If the bank account details are not provided within three months of the membership anniversary the cash back reward expires.
Members are responsible for providing their bank account details accurately. Sovereign takes no responsibility for payments made to incorrect bank accounts that were submitted by members. Cash rewards must be paid into a New Zealand bank account. Cash back rewards cannot be paid onto a credit card.
Sovereign reserves the right to cancel or change cash back rewards including whether they are offered and the amount of any cash back reward.
Other benefits and offers
Members may also be eligible for other benefits and offers including special discounts, vouchers and exclusive offers. To receive these benefits and offers you must have authorised Healthy by Sovereign to communicate these benefits and offers to you. Any terms and conditions applicable to taking advantage of these benefits and offers will be notified to you at the time you are offered the benefit.
Your membership of, and participation in Healthy by Sovereign is based on mutual trust. You agree not to use your Healthy by Sovereign membership for any fraudulent or unlawful purposes.
Where dishonesty or fraud is detected, benefits may not be awarded, your membership may be cancelled and the matter may be referred to the appropriate authorities. This membership may become invalid and we may take other action consistent with our legal rights.
Sovereign can cancel your membership and revoke all Healthy Points and rewards if you or anyone acting on your behalf, makes a claim for Healthy Points that is false or fraudulent in any respect.
In the event that a false or fraudulent claim is established after payment of any cash back reward has been paid, all amounts paid in relation to the false or fraudulent claim must be repaid by you to Sovereign.
Sovereign reserves the right at any time throughout your membership, to undertake regular and/or one-off audits, verification checks and/or investigations of any aspect of your membership including but not limited to, activities and benefit attendance and use (both online and otherwise), points submission and allocation, benefit and rewards entitlement and increase in Healthy by Sovereign level.
If you feel someone has unlawfully accessed your membership please let us know immediately.
We will keep you updated on key information about your membership via the Healthy by Sovereign website, app and by email.
Please let us know if your contact details change, and let us know your current email address so we can stay in touch. You can update your information on the ‘my details’ page of the Healthy by Sovereign website.
When you update your email or postal address in Healthy by Sovereign, the changes will not automatically be applied to any other records held by Sovereign. When you update your contact details in Healthy by Sovereign you will have the option to update your Sovereign insurance policy with the new contact details.
If you need to speak with Sovereign you can get in touch via email or phone. Please see the contact us page on the Healthy by Sovereign website for details. We will be available for phone queries and will respond to email queries during business hours. Our current business hours are available on the Contact Us page on www.sovereign.co.nz
Sovereign’s Terms and Conditions for the website apply.
- Healthy by Sovereign collects personal and health information from you in a number of ways. Some information will be provided by you directly. Other information will be collected when you connect your gym membership, wearable activity tracker account or other activities to Healthy by Sovereign.
- The health information collected as part of this programme will be used only for the purpose of calculating and applying rewards.
- Your health information or other details about your Healthy By Sovereign activity will not be shared with, or used by, Sovereign’s underwriting and claims departments who are responsible for any future underwriting or claims decisions.
- This means that under no circumstances will Sovereign be deemed to have any knowledge of any Healthy by Sovereign related information when it comes to decide future applications for insurance cover or claims under a current insurance policy with Sovereign. If any information about your Healthy by Sovereign activity is relevant to any future application for insurance cover or changes to existing insurance cover or claims under an insurance policy with Sovereign, you must disclose this information directly to Sovereign’s underwriting, claims or customer service teams.
- We may share some limited information about your Healthy by Sovereign activity with the owner of your policy or your Financial Adviser or ASB Bank where you are an ASB Bank insurance customer, including whether you are eligible to join, whether you have joined, how many Healthy Points and rewards you have earned, and what level you are currently on. No further information, including health information or details of how you earned your Healthy points, will be shared with your Adviser or ASB Bank where you are an ASB Bank insurance customer or the owner of your policy.
- When you purchase an item online via Healthy by Sovereign information about this purchase will be shared with third parties for the purpose of fulfilment and delivery of the item/s you have purchased.
- We would prefer to contact you by email. You may unsubscribe from any email we send you about the programme or other products and services at any time by following the link on the bottom of each email. We will still send you important emails like when you have earned a cash back reward or made a purchase in the online store. If you unsubscribe from emails you are still able to track your Healthy Points, and when you are eligible for rewards through the website or app.
- You have the right to request access to, and correction of, the information we hold about you as part of Healthy by Sovereign. To do so, please contact us on 0800 700135.
Consulting with your Doctor
We recommend that you consult with your doctor before you undertake to follow any health and fitness suggestions you may receive from Healthy by Sovereign, our websites, communication channels and social media. We are not a licensed medical provider and have no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
Healthy by Sovereign is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or management of care following an assessment in the event of abnormal health screen results.
Should you have any health related questions, please speak to your healthcare provider promptly. In the event of an emergency, call your healthcare provider immediately or if appropriate dial 111.
Cancellation of your Membership
You can cancel your Healthy by Sovereign membership at any time by either:
We can cancel your membership if you no longer meet the eligibility criteria for membership or you breach the terms and conditions of membership.
Upon cancellation of your Healthy by Sovereign membership:
- any Healthy Points accumulated and the status level achieved will expire;
- any discounts, benefits and rewards that have accrued will expire and will not be able to be redeemed;
- access to the Member section of the website and the app will no longer be available.
In the event the entire Healthy by Sovereign programme is cancelled by Sovereign, we will allow members to access their benefits for a period of 30 days from the date that notification of termination of the programme is issued.
Please phone us on 0800 700 135 during business hours or email us using the contact us online form with any complaints.
Limitation of liability
Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Sovereign’s obligation to you in relation to the Healthy by Sovereign programme is limited to:
- the allocation of Healthy Points based on the relevant healthy activities;
- the supply of any corresponding benefits and rewards and in accordance with these terms and conditions; and
- the supply of any products which you order via the website, subject to these terms and conditions and any additional conditions of purchase.
Sovereign is not liable for any personal loss or damage arising out of your participation in the Healthy by Sovereign programme, your participation and engagement in any activities suggested as part of the Healthy by Sovereign programme, or your receipt or use of any benefit or reward. This includes:
- any personal injury suffered while participating or engaging in any activities suggested as part of the Healthy by Sovereign programme (including activities used to earn Healthy Points) or using any benefit, reward or product; and
- any taxation or other financial liability relating to your receipt of any benefit or reward through the Healthy by Sovereign programme.
If any act or omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Sovereign and prevents Sovereign from complying with these terms and conditions, Sovereign will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Healthy by Sovereign programme.
Subject to laws of New Zealand
The laws of New Zealand govern these terms and conditions and membership of Healthy by Sovereign.
Website and the App
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for the website
The Website and app are provided by the Sovereign group of companies (‘Sovereign’). The domain names used for the Website and app together with all underlying software and content and all products and services available through the Website and app are provided and owned by Sovereign, its licensors and suppliers. By accessing and using the Website or the app you unconditionally agree to be bound by the Terms.
Certain functions of the app require the app to have an active internet connection. The connection can be wi-fi, or provided by your mobile network provider. Sovereign is not responsible for any issues with the app or its functionality caused by poor internet connectivity, or any data or access charges imposed by your internet service provider, mobile provider or other provider of any internet connectivity used by you with the app. These may include roaming data charges if you use the app outside your home territory without disconnecting data roaming. If you are not the bill payer for the device or internet connection you are using to access the app, we assume that you have received permission from that bill payer.
The contents of the Website and app have been prepared in accordance with New Zealand law for the supply of products and services in New Zealand only. The contents of the Website are governed by New Zealand law and New Zealand courts have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to the Website and the app. This Website and app are for access and use by New Zealand residents only.
The distribution of information contained on the Website or app may be restricted by law in some countries. The information does not constitute an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction in which such an offer or solicitation is not authorised or to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer or solicitation.
Products and Services
The information on the Website and app is not an offer by Sovereign to enter into a contract with you, except where expressly stated. You should carefully read the applicable terms and conditions before registering for the Programme or purchasing any product or service made available through the Website or app.
Use of the site
The information provided by the Website and the app is of a general nature, and is provided for personal use. While we have endeavoured to ensure that the content and material on the Website and the app is correct, Sovereign does not warrant its accuracy, reliability, completeness or that it is up to date. In no event will Sovereign be responsible for any loss or damage of whatever kind arising out of access to, use of, or reliance on any information contained on the Website or the app.
Your use of the Website and the app is at your own risk. You agree that Sovereign is not responsible for any damage or harm arising out of your use of the Website and the app. You also agree that all warranties, conditions and representations in respect of the Website and the app (express or implied) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Neither Sovereign, nor any of its directors, officers, employees or agents, nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Website or any of its content, is liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, or special loss or damage (including loss of profits or opportunities and exemplary and punitive damages), which are excluded to fullest extent permitted by law, arising out of your access to, or use of or inability to use, the Website or the app or arising from your reliance or non-reliance on the content available on or through the Website or the app. To the extent permitted by law, you indemnify Sovereign from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected to your use of the Website and the app.
Any dealings with any advertised or other third party appearing on the Website and the app are solely between you and the advertiser or third party. Sovereign is not responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings.
You may not at any time without Sovereign’s prior approval:
- use or access the Website or the app for any commercial purpose without Sovereign’s prior approval;
- gather, extract, reproduce and/or display on any other website or other online service, any material on or from the Website or the app, whether or not by the use of spiders or other ‘screen scraping’ software or system used to extract data; or
- access, copy, reverse-engineer or decompile the Website, the app or any software which supports the Website and the app.
Intellectual property rights
Sovereign or its suppliers own all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the information contained in the Website and the app or otherwise connected with the Website and the app. No part of the Website or the app may be reproduced, transmitted, stored or otherwise dealt with (including in any website, mobile application or other electronic form) without the consent of Sovereign except that you may print, or download to your hard drive extracts from the Website and the app for your own personal use.
Links to other websites
The Website and the app may contain links to websites operated by parties other than Sovereign. Sovereign has no control over such websites or the content of such websites. Sovereign accepts no responsibility or liability in relation to any other websites or any content on any other websites. Your linking to any other website is at your own risk.
Under no circumstances are you to create a hyperlink to any of the pages on the Website, unless Sovereign provides you with its prior written consent to do so. If you do create a link to any of the pages on the Website, you acknowledge that you are responsible for all direct or indirect consequences of the link, and you indemnify Sovereign for all loss, damage, liability, costs or expense arising from or in connection with the link. You agree that you will not use frames to present the link.
Changes to Website
Sovereign is committed to ensuring that the Website and app are useful and efficient as possible. For that reason, we reserve the right to make changes to the Website and the app at any time and for any reason. We will never charge you for the Website, the app or their services without making it very clear to you exactly what you’re paying for.
The app is currently available on Android and iOS – the requirements for both systems (and for any additional systems we decide to extend the availability of the app to) may change, and you’ll need to download the updates if you want to keep using the app. Sovereign does not promise that it will always update the app so that it is relevant to you and/or works with the iOS/Android version that you have installed on your device. However, you promise to always accept updates to the application when offered to you.
We may also wish to stop providing the app, and may terminate use of it at any time without giving notice of termination to you. Unless we tell you otherwise, upon any termination, (a) the rights and licenses granted to you in these terms will end; (b) you must stop using the app, and (if needed) delete it from your device.
Variation of terms
Sovereign reserves the right to vary these Terms at any time without notice. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Website or the app following the posting of any changes to the Terms indicates your acceptance of those changes.